As promised, here is the January Log for the Montana Meals Challenge of the Month. Hopefully some of you have started on this challenge already and cooked up a delicious new meal or two for you and your family. If you haven’t started yet, there’s plenty of time left in January to make 4 new healthy recipes. The internet is full of recipe ideas, and if you’re anything like me, you have cookbooks at home that still have dozens of recipes waiting to be tried! I thought I would share one of my family recipes for those of you looking for a quick idea. This is a flavorful, easy-to-make side dish that shows up at many of my family’s dinners and holiday celebrations.
Aunt Ginny’s Broccoli Salad:
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- One packet Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix, mixed according to packet directions
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsps low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Mix broccoli and next 4 ingredients (through feta cheese) together in a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to Italian dressing mix and stir with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mix approximately 30 minutes prior to serving and stir to combine.*
*Start by adding about ½ of the dressing and add more as desired.