To all of you who submitted your personal bests in April as part of the Montana Moves COTM, we say CONGRATS! We had some really great entries which we’ll share a sampling of now. Here’s what you guys and girls got done in April that was better than your best:
- Many of you who wear Fitbits or other pedometers had personal bests for steps in a single day. Well done!
- Many of you used exercise frequency as a criteria, working out a record number of times for the month. I think this is an excellent thing to be aware of and track, because I think consistency is the key to fitness.
- Some of you used events as a personal best, such as running more 5k’s in one month than ever before.
- 1 unassisted chin-up (female). Well done!
- 217 Pull-ups during the month (female). Amazing!
- Running 2 miles without stopping.
- Eight Push-ups (began exercising last fall).
- Longest (duration) swim.
- Fastest morning run.
- 7:03 Mile (female in her 40s). Awesome! Sub-7 is next!
- 115 lb. Bench Press for 2 reps (P.B. in this person’s 40s)
- Roller Skating! Most laps in 5 minutes.
- 15 miles walked in 24-hour period. Excellent!
- Cristin’s Submission: Completed first ever Triathlon (Grizzly Tri).
- Neal’s Submission: No P.B. in Boston Marathon for time, but a personal best for steps that day—47,717!
Nice job everyone! Keep finding ways to be at your best all summer! Now, on to our prize winners:
- Tracy Boehm of Missoula won the prize drawing for Montana Moves. She’ll be receiving a camp hammock, which she can use to relax after setting her personal best 5k this April as part of a relay team at the Grizzly Triathlon. It was also Tracy’s first time participating as part of a Tri.
- Chairsty Stewart of Billings won the prize drawing for Montana Meals. She’ll be receiving a slow cooker for her participation in the Meal Planning April Challenge.
Congratulations ladies! Speaking of Montana Meals, here is a little feedback we received from our April Meal Planning Challenge participants:
- “I like this form for planning meals—it was easy to fill out. I hate having to stop at the store because I need one or two things so this form helped me to better plan for needed ingredients.” —D.H., Billings
- “This worksheet was a nice change. And I didn’t forget half of my grocery list while at the store!” —H.K., Missoula
- “This has been very helpful ~ the part that really helped was looking at the calendar to see what kind of time I had to fix the meal.” —J.D., Missoula
Make sure you check out our May Challenges. Have a great weekend Montana!