With only a few more days of May, here’s a report on our challenges. Don’t forget to get those BINGO cards in by Monday, June 2nd, to be eligible for our Monthly Prize Drawing. You can email them or fax to 994-2391. Here’s how the office Bike BINGO sheets are looking.
Cristin has two BINGOs to my one. Don’t think I haven’t been hearing about it. But it’s not over yet, and it’s not over for you either! Even if you never downloaded a sheet, you could still get in on the action by retroactively filling out what you’ve done this month on your bike!
In the National Bike Challenge, which goes through September 30th, our two Wellness Teams are off to great starts! Here’s how we’re looking:
MUS Wellness West
- 19 riders
- #3 Team in Montana (On the NBC website it shows the West in 5th, but two of the teams listed only have one rider from Montana, so we’re not sure why they’re showing up.)
- 1335 miles logged (That’s a ride from Kalispell to L.A.)!
- 50% of those miles are commuting or for transport.
- This has prevented 1200 lbs. of CO2 from entering the atmosphere and saved $750 worth of gas!
- The team has burned 72,000 calories, or 379 Krispy Kreme Donuts!
MUS Wellness East
- 25 riders
- Top team in Montana (130th nationally)!
- 2392 miles logged (That’s a ride from Bozeman to Boston)!
- 53% of those miles are commuting or for transport.
- This has prevented over a ton of CO2 prevented from going into the atmosphere and saved $1350 worth of gas!
- The team has burned 130,000 calories (That’s over two months worth of eating for the average adult!)
Here are a couple of standout individual performances:
- From the WEST, Patty McIntire, a retiree from St. Ignatius, is currently on a cross-country ride. Patty has logged 620 miles, which ranks her 5th in the state and 747th nationally (This is out of nearly 35,000 riders)!
- From the EAST, Taylor Lonsdale from Bozeman has logged 424 miles, which ranks him 7th in the state and 1325th nationally.
Great work Patty, Taylor, and all of our riders! Again, this challenge is just getting started, and it’s never too late to join! Just go to www.nationalbikechallenge.org to create an account, join one of our Wellness teams (MUS Wellness West or MUS Wellness East), and start logging your miles.