Here’s our latest Challenge of the Month winners, and a progress report on our two Rockin’ National Bike Challenge Teams.
Let’s start with our June and 2nd Quarter Prize Winners:
- Kathleen Tarkalson from Missoula wins the Montana Meals June Challenge for her MyPlate submission. Kathleen will receive Herb scissors and an Herb garden starter pack.
- Kristin Harbuck from Bozeman wins the Montana Moves June Challenge for her “Down and Dirty” submission. Kristin will receive a 21oz. Hydroflask.
- Jessica Torgerson-Lundin from Billings is our Montana Meals 2nd Quarter Prize winner. Jessica will be receiving a Dole Yonanas Healthy Dessert Maker.
- Leah Tietz from Helena is our Montana Moves 2nd Quarter Prize winner. Leah will be receiving a CamelPack LOBO Hydration system.
Congrats to these four fit ladies, and thanks for everyone who has participated in our Challenges! On to the National Bike Challenge:
Our two Wellness Teams are currently 1-2 in the state! Excellent job riders!
Team Wellness WEST picked up some riders and momentum this month! With 3 months to go, they could still make a run for Montana’s Top Team!
- 21 Riders. 5800 miles logged. 61% of miles have been logged as Transport. Excellent Job!
Team Wellness EAST is currently setting the pace with:
- 27 Riders. 6800 miles logged. Currently Ranked #1 in Montana and 129th nationally out of nearly 1200 teams!
Collectively, our two Wellness Teams have combined for some pretty impressive numbers:
- Total mileage logged equals a non-stop flight from Madrid, Spain to Aukland, New Zealand. Wow! (That would be one long flight.)
- Our 48 riders have collectively burned nearly 700,000 calories; the equivalent 3684 BallPark Beef Franks (just in time for the 4th!)
- Our riders have saved over 7-grand in transportation costs, and prevented nearly 6 tons of CO2 from going into the Big Sky!
Finally, we’d like to highlight some outstanding individual efforts:
- Amanda Milliard from Billings is leading the EAST team and is 6th in the state with 1498 miles logged!
- Patty McIntire from St. Ignatius and our WEST team, is on her way across the country, and has logged 1634 miles, good for 5th in the State.
- Dan Dobyns from Helena is leading the WEST team, and the State, with 1937 miles logged. Dan is ranked 233rd Nationally, out of nearly 42,000 riders. Dan also hasn’t missed a day of riding during the entire challenge! Amazing!
Keep up the nice work riders! And remember, if you’d like to be a part of the National Bike Challenge, there are still 3 months left to log your miles for yourself and your team! Just go to www.nationalbikechallenge.org, register, join MUS Wellness EAST or MUS Wellness WEST, and start logging miles!