The first Montana Meals challenge of 2019 challenged you to “Expand your Spice Horizons!” In the words of Cristin, “An excellent way to boost your nutrition and wake up your cooking is to cook more often with herbs and spices. Be brave, try some new flavors, and have fun.”
We wanted to check in and see how our MUS participants were tackling this challenge, plus post Cristin’s Spice it Up video and a new supplemental video short featuring some tips for chopping and utilizing fresh herbs and spices.
Here is a sampling of what our Spice It Up challenge participants have tried so far:
- Southwest style black eyed peas with cumin, cayenne, chili powder, & garlic powder.
- Tuna salad sandwiches with fresh ground cilantro.
- Lavender salt on avocado toast.
- Korean Pork Tacos with gochujang.
- Eggs sprinkled with fresh parsley.
- Mango java rub on elk steak.
- Cumin spiced roast pork.
- Orange zest in oatmeal.
- Italian herb blend on sauteed chicken and asparagus.
- Roasted sweet potatoes & butternut squash with chili powder.
- Broccoli & Cheddar Soup with ground ginger.
- Italian Noodle Soup with coriander and fresh basil.
- Roasted potatoes and carrots with paprika, turmeric, salt & pepper.
We love reading about all the different spice combinations and cooking techniques. Keep up the awesome work MUS!
Here is the Montana Meals Spice it Up video, in case you missed it, plus the brand new short! Enjoy, and keep it spicy!