For much of Montana, winter and summer had a slugfest over the weekend. The 70-degree temperature swing was especially welcomed here in Bozeman to stunt the frightening Bridger Foothills fire that exploded over the weekend. But as we passed Labor Day and seem to have settled into some nice fall weather, it gave me somewhat a feeling of normalcy in what has otherwise been a very non-normal semester and year. Hopefully you too are starting to settle into the new fall routine of work and school, and finding a new groove in this most unprecedented semester.
As we get into that new flow, I wanted to share some updates and reminders regarding your MUS Wellness resources. Through a difficult and potentially very stressful time, it’s more important than ever to keep the well-being of you, your family, and your coworkers in the forefront of your attention. Here are a few upcoming events and resources to help you maximize your quality of life!
- Fall Wellchecks have begun!
- Check out the fall schedule and register at https://www.wellness.mus.edu/WellCheck.html
- Flu shots are also available at most Wellchecks this year
- MUS Wellness is offering special, 1-time tests at our 2020 Fall Wellcheck which include:
- COVID-19 Antibody testing
- C-Reactive Protein (hsCRP), an inflammation marker
- Blood Type
- Vitamin D
- The 30-Day Nutrition Upgrade returns in October! Be looking for information regarding this event to be posted next week.
- If you feel that you have been dealing with more than your normal amount of stress and anxiety during the pandemic, as many of us have, don’t forget that MUS Wellness has resources to help, including Whil mindfulness and meditation app (available through our MUS Wellness Incentive Program), and the MUS EAP. Counseling Benefits are also offered through our benefit medical plan, and through the EAP.
- New challenges are underway on our MUS Wellness Incentive Program, including our annual Campus Walk-Off Competition. And there is more to look forward to in the upcoming weeks!
Enjoy the wonderful September sunshine, and as always, stay safe and BE WELL!