For our latest MUS Wellness online resource, we’ve added a new Exercise Library. You can access the library by clicking the link above or by navigating there via the drop-down on the Events & Media tab located at the top-right of these pages. Currently, the library contains 40 exercises grouped into the following categories:
- Dynamic Warmups
- Lower Body Bilateral (Both legs)
- Lower Body Unilateral (Single leg)
- Upper Body Push
- Upper Body Pull
- Core (Movement)
- Core (Anti-Movement)
This resource is intended to be a reference-type tool to:
- Help you select some basic exercises to incorporate into a resistance training routine.
- Learn/reinforce correct technique for these exercises.
- If you’re comfortable, build your own workout by selecting one to two exercises from each category, which would give you a full-body workout utilizing your major muscle groups and joint actions.
This is the first draft of this library, so we’d love to hear any feedback you have so that we can constantly update and improve it.
This library is not comprehensive. There are literally hundreds of movements and exercises you can do at the gym or at home. This library includes some basics and some of our favorites. Please select exercises to match your current fitness ability and health status. Consult a personal trainer for more help, or to customize a personalized fitness program.
For further resistance training resources from MUS Wellness/Montana Moves, check out the following webinar:
…or browse our Montana Moves video library to find more detailed descriptions on certain exercises and movements.
Be Well (and strong)!