Last April, we offered a pilot program of the 30-Day Nutrition Upgrade to 130 MUS Benefits Plan members. The 30-Day Nutrition Upgrade, developed by nutrition expert Monica Reinagel, MS, LDN, CNS, is a simple, yet highly effective way to reshape your eating habits and boost your nutrition. The program requires only about two minutes a day and can be effortlessly incorporated into any daily routine. It’s not a diet or a detox, and there are no forbidden foods.
At the conclusion of the pilot program, we collected feedback from our MUS participants, and here’s what we found:
- 97% of participants made a positive change to eating habits as a result of the program!
- The most commonly cited dietary changes that participants made included:
- More veggies
- Better snacking
- More legumes
- Better planning
- Less sugar
- Many participants reported more energy/improved mood, fewer digestive issues, enjoying their food more, and weight loss (even though weight loss is not a focus of the program).
In addition, here’s what two participants specifically said about the Upgrade:
“…I am always wary of diets and so many extreme approaches to nutrition that are out there. I’ve wanted more structure to help improve my nutrition, but have been afraid of falling into the obsessive diet traps. I loved the balanced and non-restrictive nature of the program.”
“I felt that the 30-Day Nutrition Upgrade was an amazing experience. It’s a wonderful addition to the MUS Wellness Program, and I would recommend the Upgrade to anyone!”
Due to the success of the pilot program, we are thrilled to announce that the 30-Day Nutrition Upgrade for MUS is back! We will offer the program again this fall, beginning Friday, October 12th at a cost of $10/person (savings of $30 off the regular price). Included in the program:
- Live one-hour online kickoff, plus access to a video recording of the session afterwards
- Nutrition GPA app for iOS or Android
- Downloadable handouts and other program materials
- Two live check-ins midway through the program
- Frequent communication and support from program leaders, Monica Reinagel, MS, LDN, and Cristin Stokes, RDN, LN
- Private Facebook group for Montana University System participants for ongoing connection and support
To learn more about the program, and read about Cristin’s personal experience, click here.
The program is open to all MUS Benefits Plan members, including spouses and dependents over 18 years old, and registration opens Tuesday, October 2nd. Mark your calendars and watch for an email from your campus Human Resources or Wellness contact on that morning! If you have questions about the program, check out the information here or email me at email@example.com